Oakland Township Parks and Recreation
Oakland Township Parks and Recreation
Click here for: July-August 2020 Newsletter
Click here for: New Interactive Parks Map
OTPR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Oakland Township Residents and Friends:
Due to mandates from the Michigan Governor and the Oakland County Executive, Oakland Township Parks and Recreation is making operational changes that are in the best interest of the health and safety of the public and our employees to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- All Oakland Township parks and trails are open for use by the public in accordance with social distancing guidelines. All portable restrooms remain open.
- All playgrounds, basketball courts, and fishing/kayak docks in Oakland Township Parks are now open.
- All Pavilion rentals at Bear Creek Nature Park are available now.
- All outdoor programs are cancelled through mid-June. We are developing plans for a small number of lower-risk activities to offer this summer starting in late June/early July. We are implementing best practices to safely reopen facilities and programs as permitted.
- Please go to our website (www.oaklandtownship.org) and our Facebook link (facebook.com/OTParks) to see our virtual yoga and tai chi classes, our nature videos, and Oakland Township Park information.
- The Parks and Recreation offices are currently closed to the public through June 12, 2020, however we can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (248) 651-7810. Starting Monday, June 15, 2020, Parks and Recreation is open to the public from 10:00am-2:00pm. Residents who wish to do business at Parks and Recreation should wear a mask and complete a passive screening before entering the building. Social distancing policies apply at all times.
Our team of staff and instructors are trained in safety protocol that follow CDC Guidelines and are equipped with Personal Protective equipment and gear. Our team is also actively communicating with each other, our partners and our patrons about the role each of us can play to help prevent the spread of infection.
Thank you for doing your part to keep everyone safe!
Our offices are located in the Paint Creek Cider Mill Building, 4480 Orion Road, Second Floor, Rochester, MI 48306.
Our mailing address is 4393 Collins Road, Rochester, MI 48306.
General Office Hours 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Oakland Township enjoys an abundance of natural beauty in its streams and wetlands, woodlands, and meadows. The management of Oakland Township has supported planning that preserves these valuable natural resources. Since 1975 the Oakland Township Parks and Recreation Commission has been preserving, through acquisitions and donations, over 1300 acres of natural beauty parklands and miles of trails. These special areas offer township residents walking, hiking, biking, horseback riding and nature viewing throughout the changing seasons. The uses are primarily passive in nature, with more active recreation plans for the future. Bear Creek Nature Park features a playground for 5-12 year olds, picnic shelter, grill, and accessible limestone trails, boardwalks, and docks. Draper Twin Lake Park features an accessible limestone trail and fishing dock. Marsh View Park features a 90-meter archery range, basketball court, scenic overlook, trails, a picnic area, and active recreation fields.
To see all of our upcoming program descriptions browse our latest newsletter!
Parks and Recreation Newsletters
Vision and Mission Statements
Our vision is to provide responsible management and stewardship of our natural resources through quality parks, trails and appropriate recreation experiences now and for future generations.
The mission of the Oakland Township Parks and Recreation Commission is to provide a sustainable system of parks, trails, programs, amenities, and services which creates memorable experiences and a sense of place, contributes to the economic value of the Township and preserves the historical and natural heritage of the landscapes for existing and future generations.