Click here to print a Burn Permit.
BURNING IS CURRENTLY ALLOWED.
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OAKLAND FIRE CONTROL ORDINANCE NO. 28 IMPOSES THE FOLLOWING REGULATIONS ON BURNING:
1. Permission to burn is granted only when all procedures have been followed.
2. No fire shall be closer than 15’ from any wood or frame structure, fence, tree, hedge, or property line.
3. No burning causing smoke, dust, cinders, or ashes to escape and settle upon or permeate the air above
any adjoining or neighboring premise will be permitted.
4. The burning of building materials, tires, plastic, highly flammable, toxic, or explosive materials is prohibited.
5. Only yard waste materials such as branches, leaves, and wood may be burned.
6. All fires are limited to one area not to exceed 5’ x 5’ x 5’.
7. Any person setting a fire in accordance with this permit shall remain at such fire until completely
8. No burning on commercial property.