What Does It Take To Build A Trail?
There are many steps involved in planning and building a safety Path or trail:
- Choose the best route and most economical construction technique
- Obtain necessary easements and permits
- Use due diligence in following established guidelines: (ASHTO, ADA, municipal and local government requirements, WRC, Road Commission, DNR, utilities, HDC, tree ordinance, etc.)
- Obtain Funding through grants, millage, developer contributions to safety Paths Fund
- Choose contractor and monitor construction
- Maintain existing SPT trails and pathways